Monday, January 28, 2008

Prayers needed!!

My friend, Jennifer and her family need many prayers! Mikey, her son, who was born with cloacal exstrophy and received a kidney transplant last year, is really sick. He's been in and out of the hospital this winter, and no one quite knows what is wrong. His birth story is here. She also has a website that she updates regularly.

Jennifer has given me so much support these past 9 months, directing me to the right surgeons, giving me advice, and preparing me for Bernadette's arrival. She even sent us a bunch of winter clothes for Jack while we were in Baltimore (the sweatshirt Jack is wearing in the pics below is one of them :). Her incredible strength and selflessness inspire me. I feel a special closeness to Mikey, even though we have never met. When I put one of his shirts on Jack, I ask Bernadette to intercede for him, and I silently cheer him on.

Please pray for the physicians caring for him, as well. That they may receive the wisdom to understand Mikey's condition and help relieve his pain and suffering.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Get better soon, Mikey!

1 comment:

The Goddess G said...

Praying for Mikey and family. Hopefully he is well soon.
~Carole
http://accordingtocarole.blogspot.com