Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Winding down...


Well, our days in Huntsville are winding down. I feel hugely pregnant and wonder how I'm ever going to make it through 2 days of driving, lol. John Mark insists that we are stopping at every rest stop so that I can walk for 30 minutes. Is he nuts?! Maybe I can convince him that 10 min of walking is sufficient. ;-)

Anyway, I'm posting to thank our friends and family here in Huntsville who have helped us in so many ways while we prepare for our little one's arrival. Our neighbors who are dear friends of ours have offered to watch our house and our cat (who will surely be relieved of Jack's absence, lol). They have given us so much support during this waiting period, and I can't thank them enough! Jack will undoubtedly miss his buddy, Ben, and his big sister, Anna. Our families went to Tate Farms last weekend, and I honestly don't remember having that much fun in a long time. I am still finding corn in the laundry room and the sock drawer!

John Mark's aunt and uncle held a surprise baby shower/going-away dinner for us this weekend, as well. We were so grateful for the farewells and the gifts we received! Our pastor came to the dinner and said a special blessing over us...I was very moved by his commitment to minister to families like ours who can often feel like the cross given to them is too heavy to carry alone.

Oh yeah, another thank you...my hubby's company is being incredibly generous by allowing him to work away from the office for an extended period of time so that he can be with Jack and me in Baltimore. Despite the hours he will have to put toward work, I am so relieved that he will be with us...John Mark has the amazing ability to see the positive in every situation, and I know his sense of humor will keep us emotionally afloat during the upcoming months!

OK, enough with the mushy stuff. I better get packing...Jack is notorious for taking short naps when I have a long list of things to do. ;)

Take care,
Michele

2 comments:

16mthsapart said...

Michele-
I hope your trip to Baltimore goes smoothly and that the weeks ahead are as peaceful and relaxing as they can be. Baby Bernadette will be in our prayers.

Tracy, Eric, Olivia, and Austin Abney

T Gold said...

Michele,
I am so glad that you are surrounded by love and support! It's in times like these that I wish I was closer to my friends and family... there's only so much that I can do from Texas. Your posts lead me to believe that the many prayers are being heard. Thanks for keeping us all up to date.
-t