Monday, October 22, 2007

Thank you

I wanted to say thank you to those who have brought us meals these past few days, who have offered up their prayers for our family, and who have contacted us with their concerns and love. It has been a difficult week. Much of the day, I struggle to put one foot in front of the other. I feel raw and angry. I want my little one back...I want to hold her, nurse her, tell her how special she is. I feel like my most cherished treasure - my own flesh and blood - has been taken from me. Unjustly. I know that our lives are not really ours...but I don't think I can ever comprehend why this little life could not be spared. I want to believe that she can see my face and know how much I love her. That she is resting her perfect little hand on my shoulder, comforting me in my sorrow. God, please let me meet my little baby in heaven someday.

We are still in Baltimore, waiting for the finalization of our child's cremation. I wish so much that there was some way we could bury her without cremating her first, but we need to bring her home with us, so that we are able to visit her often. I will keep you posted on any funeral arrangements. We plan to celebrate a Mass for her in the upcoming weeks.

Please pray for strength, as I struggle to find hope and peace again. And may God bless all those who mourn the loss of their children. May their tears be wiped away and their joy renewed.

God Bless,
Michele

5 comments:

Jen P said...

Prayers continue for all of you. May Our Lady wrap you in her mantle and may Jesus comfort you.

Rene said...

My heart breaks for you. I met you on Mommysavers in the special needs forum (Tommy's Mommy). I've been following your blog since then, and I am so, so sorry for your loss! Please know that my prayers are with you and your family.

Rene

Lora said...

I am so very sorry to hear of this. Your sister is on a message board (maybe sister-in-law) and told your story! You are in my thoughts.....When you are ready, there is a support group for mothers who have lost their babies on the ivillage message boards. I think you will find great comfort and help there in the coming months.

Blair said...

Michele, I am still thinking of you and praying for you often. May the Holy Spirit, the Consoler, fill you with peace and may Our Lady cover you in her mantle of love. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.

Blessed and Broken said...

:**-(
(((Michele))) I am so sorry. We are thinking of you and still praying for you guys. Please know that you are still being held in prayer.