Monday, October 29, 2007

Our Baby Girl

We have a daughter in heaven - her name is Bernadette Marie.

I think we always knew deep down that it was a girl, even though there are many more boys than girls diagnosed with cloacal exstrophy. We got some of the test results back. Nothing is finalized, but her cause of death doesn't seem to be due to a chromosomal defect. I was shocked by my reaction - I wanted it to be chromosomal because that would mean her body just wasn't compatible with life - in my mind, I was beginning to accept that. I don't know how I'm going to handle it if I find out that it was something that just happened, that if she was delivered but a day earlier, she would be here with us right now.

It will take some time for the autopsy report to be finalized, but I guess I have to prepare my heart for the distinct possibility that we may never know why she died. Please pray that we may find some closure in all of this. Thank you,

Michele

3 comments:

Blair said...

Continued prayers for your family.
little saint Bernadette, pray for us!

Lori said...

Michele, I'm so sorry you are going through this. May God bless your sweet Bernadette.

Jen P said...

Prayers continue, Michele.