Monday, March 31, 2008

Chicken Fajitas

I just made some yummy chicken fajitas, using a recipe I adapted from this one:
Here is my version:

1-1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 large onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced (~1/2 tsp)
1 Tbsp veg oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp of each of the following:
chili powder
cumin
salt
black pepper
~1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
8 flour tortillas

The toppings we used:
salsa
shredded cheddar cheese
lettuce
tomatoes
sour cream

1. Saute bell pepper, chicken, onion, garlic in oil.
2. Add lime juice and spices. Simmer for a few minutes.
3. Warm tortillas by placing a few on a plate in between 2 damp paper towels. Microwave for ~45 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Toss a scoop into a warm tortilla, then add your favorite toppings.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my GOSH!!!!! That sounds soooo yummy!!! I can't wait to try this for our fam. :)

Jennifer said...

Mmm... sounds good. I think I may know what to try when Mark gets back on Thursday. :-)

The Goddess G said...

Okay now...that just makes me hungry. I think I'll have to get un-lazy and make these!
~Carole
http://thejourneyfromhere.blogspot.com