Friday, October 3, 2008

First drawing!

Jack drew his first drawing!  Yup, you guessed it - Thomas the Tank Engine, 3 wheels and all.  I was just floored when I walked into the living room and saw a train drawn on the paper.  I rushed over and grabbed the half dozen sheets he had drawn them on and hid them in my "Jack file" for fear of him tearing them up and sprinkling them all over the cat.  OK, I admit, I also stuck one on the fridge to show it off.

I'm not quite sure why this milestone is so exciting to me.  I shouldn't be surprised that he knows how to draw them since he has begged me to draw about 5000 of them in the past 8 months.  Everytime I have a pen in my hand, he screams "draw Thomas!  Draw Diesel!  Draw Toby!"  I'm sure the check out lady at Publix thinks my artistic shopping list is just darling.  :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That is so sweet and cute. Show us a picture of it, I would love to see it.

I'm glad he's feeling better. :)