Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I am in awe...

I received the Bladder Exstrophy (ABC) newsletter in the mail today. It is usually too painful for me to read, but I took a random glance at the donations page. In memory of Bernadette, there was $525 donated! I was tempted to list the names of those who donated (they were printed in the newsletter), but I don't want to in case you wish to remain anonymous. But thank you all for your generous gifts. This money can do so much. Many families need to travel long distances to get the proper care for this complicated condition, and all donations help with their expenses. I remember the financial stresses being lifted off of my shoulders when I realized that ABC could help us pay for the flights to and from Baltimore if we couldn't afford them in the future. Obviously, that's not necessary for us now that Bernadette is gone, but knowing that other families will be helped in her name brings great joy to my heart. So thank you all! And God Bless,

Michele, John Mark, Jack, and ^Bernadette^

No comments: