Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's been awhile

After my computer got struck by lightening last month, I kind of got out of the blogging habit. I just wanted to give an update on us, even though I doubt anyone is actually reading this anymore! :)

By the grace of God, John Mark and I have been blessed with Baby Bean #3 who is due on February 24. We just learned that it is a baby girl. Wow, I am the mother of 2 daughters - neither of which I've actually met, but it's still crazy. Jack is of course excited. With Bernadette, he was too little to get the whole baby-in-belly concept. He was more amazed at the morphing of my belly button. I'm trying to teach him that he has 2 sisters - one in heaven and one in my tummy - but I'm sure it's a hard thing to grasp for a 2 yr old.

She looks wonderfully healthy so far. I've had an u/s during each visit, and so far so good. All her organs are inside her body, and I even got to see her bladder, which was more of a relief to me than I thought possible. Yeah, there are just some things I will never take for granted again.

So, there are a lot of mixed and complicated emotions that are going along with this pregnancy. I had a particularly hard time during the first trimester, b/c another 9 months seemed like an eternity after the nightmare of the previous year. But I guess it's just grace that's allowing me to enjoy it. I don't sit around and worry about the what-ifs as much as I thought I would.

I'll keep y'all updated. There's still a long road ahead and a lot can happen in the next 5 months, but I'm just praying that I'll survive whatever is around the corner.

God Bless,
Michele

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Michele.

I can only imagine the mixed bag of emotions that you must feel. So I won't pretend to get it. Still, Mark and I are very happy for you guys just the same. We'll continue to pray for everyone as you go through this. And Bernadette, of course, is always on our mind and in our hearts, as well.

I hope you have a wonderful, safe, smooth, healthy pregnacy.

Take Care, and hope to see you around.

A couple of cute kiddos said...

Michele,

We are so excited for you and your family. We are praying for you throughout your pregnancy.

Bernadette is in our hearts as well.

Congratulations on finding out that it's another girl as well. That is awesome. :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! She's due on my son's birthday!

Unknown said...

Félicitations!

Sarah L. said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!!!

Petra said...

That is wonderful news! We'll be praying for you and the little bean.